Between 23-27 April, the Alliance of Active NGOs in the field of Child and Family Social Protection (APSCF) is organizing the Global Action Week for Education 2018, aiming at empowering government and civil society to meet the 4th Sustainable Development Goal “Education for Quality”.
The Global Action Week for Education (GAWE) is an event organized each year in 100 countries around the world, aiming to raise awareness among citizens, authorities, donors and other actors involved in social protection regarding the subject of education. This year’s event focuses on the importance of funding education, encouraging civic engagement and participation, and calling on authorities to keep their promises on implementing the Agenda 2030 and meeting the Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
This week, the APSCF team is organising activities addressing:
• government accountability for financing the inclusive education by developing, presenting and promoting the position paper “Promoting inclusive education in the Republic of Moldova: clear objectives, strong commitments, responsible policies”; details about the paper here.
• placing educational issues on the public agenda, by launching a video promoting education, by organizing media meetings (press conference, TV / radio appearances) and a social media campaign;
• promoting the #GAWE within students, by organising an informal session at “Ion Creanga” State Pedagogical University;
• the dialogue with the decision-makers on financing and resource allocation in education, with focus on inclusive education funding, by presenting the challenges and good practices of the educational partnership at the round table “Financing in Education: Priorities, Needs, Reality”.
• the position paper “Promoting inclusive education in the Republic of Moldova: clear objectives, strong commitments, responsible policies”, the press kit and visual resources (infographic, thematic images) are available in Romanian language and can be downloaded following this link.